Kansas Corn is accepting applications to the second class of the Kansas Corn Corps, a program for young farmers. This 16-month program provides learning and networking opportunities for young corn farmers and is sponsored by the Kansas Corn Commission and Kansas Corn Growers Association. The Kansas Corn Corps program is focused on providing participants the opportunity to learn new techniques, strategies and information they can take back to their farms.
Kansas Corn will take applications from farmers 45 and younger to participate in Class 2 of Kansas Corn Corps until September 15, 2017. The program has room to accept up to 15 farms into the program in each class. Participants representing up to 15 farms will be admitted into the program.
Corn Corps is designed to provide learning and networking opportunities for young farmers.
• Sessions are organized in three sections:
- How you fit into your farm and move forward as an individual
- How your farm fits into the industry and moves forward as a farm
- What opportunities and hurdles we face in the industry and how we move forward
as the corn industry
• Speakers will challenge participants and push them to think outside of the box
• Topics will be set by the Kansas Corn team, but participants provide input
• Each Corn Corps class provides the opportunity for up to 15 farms to build a network of progressive young farmers from across Kansas. The class will participate in three sessions and a domestic trip over a 16-month period
• Graduates of the program will be challenged to engage with the Kansas Corn group through a variety of opportunities. Each participant will pick the path that best suits their interests and goals
The program is free to participate. Applications for Class 2 are due Sept. 15, 2017. For more information and to download the applications, visit kscorn.com/corncorps,
or call Kansas Corn at 785-448-6922.