The secretary isn’t the only FFA member stationed by the ear of corn, it’s all around us in our everyday lives. That’s the passion behind the #HereByTheCorn social media challenge for Kansas FFA members. Throughout the next year Kansas Corn challenges Kansas FFA members and chapters to share their story of how the corn industry impacts their lives by using the hashtag. Check out the monthly winners below. Want to compete? Scroll down for the the rules!
Monthly contest winners
September Winning Entry
Congratulations to the winning #herebythecorn entry for September 2017:
- Olpe FFA Chapter
August Winning Entries
Congratulations to the winning #herebythecorn entries for August 2017 were:
- Renwick FFA Chapter
- Girard FFA Chapter
- Austin Hobbs, Fredonia FFA Chapter Member
July Winning Entries
Congratulations to our July 2017 winning #herebythecorn entries:
- Maria Kimzey, Fredonia FFA Chapter Member
- Fredonia FFA Chapter
June Winning Entries
Congratulations to the June 2017 winning #herebythecorn entries.
- La Crosse FFA Chapter
- Alex Garton, Udall FFA Chapter Member
#herebythecorn Contest Rules
- There are two categories of participants, individual and chapter. The category classification for each entry is determined by the type/ownership of the social media platform used to post. Ex. If post is made on Facebook and posted with the chapter Facebook page it is counted in the chapter category. If it’s a picture of the chapter posted using a member’s personal social media account it falls under the individual category.
- The challenge includes posts made from May 31, 2017 until the Wednesday of the 90TH Kansas FFA Convention held in May/June 2018.
- You can enter the challenge in multiple ways using different types of social media.
- On Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: post a photo or video and include the hashtag #HereByTheCorn in the written part of the post. Make sure the post can be viewed publicly so our staff can find it.
- On Snapchat: take a photo, type the hashtag #HereByTheCorn and send it directly to the Kansas Corn Snapchat. Snaps will be screenshotted for the judges to view.
- Posts will be judged on a scale of creativity and relevance to these six key areas of the corn industry:
- Life in the Corn Industry
- Uses of Corn
- Consumer Connection
- Sustainability, Water & Soil
- Each month one winner for each category will be selected and receive a prize. These posts will then be entered into the judging for the overall winners at the end of the challenge.
- Photos are to be taken by the person or chapter submitting them on social media. Plagiarism will not be accepted.
- Any participant who submits a photo grants the Kansas Corn Growers Association permission to use the photos on the internet or for other promotional and educational purposes. Entries may be reposted on Kansas Corn social media platforms for promotional purposes.
For questions regarding the #HereByTheCorn social media challenge please contact Kaitlin Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org.