The Kansas Corn Commission is a grower-funded, grower-governed organization that works to build the value of corn by investing a one cent per bushel checkoff in the areas of research, market development, promotion and education.
The State Corn Checkoff
- Invests a one cent per bushel checkoff in the areas of research, market development, promotion and education.
- Works with the Kansas Corn Growers Association to promote Kansas corn and provide education programming to both urban and rural audiences.
- Has been a supporter of the US Meat Export Federation for over 30 years and was the first corn checkoff in the nation to fund USMEF efforts.
- Promotes grassroots efforts such as U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance and CommonGround on the national level and the Kansas Farm Food Connection on the state level. These programs connect with consumers removed from the farm and educate them on modern food production, food safety, environmental stewardship, and animal welfare.
- Funds corn exports through the U.S. Grains Council and the International Grains Program at K-State.
- Continues to build infrastructure for ethanol in Kansas and across the U.S. Focuses on educating consumers about ethanol blends. The Kansas Corn Commission is part of the NASCAR American Ethanol Partnership with NASCAR.
Kansas Corn Commissioners
The Kansas Corn Commissioners represent the nine crop reporting districts in the state. The commissioners are elected by growers in their district. For more information on the election process, click here to visit the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
|District 1 (Northwest)||Brian Baalman||Menlo|
|District 2 (West-Central)||Dennis McNinch | Vice Chairman||Utica|
|District 3 (Southwest)||Steve Rome||Hugoton|
|District 4 (North-Central)||Mike Brzon||Courtland|
|District 5 (Central)||Terry Vinduska||Marion|
|District 6 (South-Central)||Kent Moore | Chairman||Iuka|
|District 7 (Northeast)||Ken McCauley||White Cloud|
|District 8 (East-Central)||Pat Ross | Treasurer||Lawrence|
|District 9 (Southeast)||Randy Small | Secretary||Neodesha|