Building the Future of Kansas Corn
The Kansas Corn Commission is made up of farmers elected from each of the nine crop reporting districts in the state. The commission determines how checkoff funds will be invested in the areas of market development, education, promotion and research. The Kansas Corn Commission continually looks to the future focusing on:
- Strengthening and expanding our foreign and domestic markets for “corn in all forms”. This includes building markets for corn, red meat, ethanol, DDGS and other corn products
- Building infrastructure and demand for higher blends of ethanol fuels
- Investing in youth and young growers through programs focusing on K-12 STEM education; college programs to encourage students to consider careers in corn, and our young grower program that builds a network and provides tools to help young farmers succeed
- Sharing positive information about corn farming and agriculture with consumers who are becoming increasingly misinformed and wary of our food system
- Supporting research to ensure our growers have access to the most innovative technology and production practices to grow profitable and sustainable corn crops
All KCC meetings are open to the public. For more information or to participate in KCC meetings, please contact Stacy Moorberg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 785-410-5009.
Kansas Corn Commissioners
Our commissioners represent the nine crop reporting districts in the state. The commissioners are elected by growers in their district. For more information on the election process, visit the Kansas Department of Agriculture .
Kent Moore, Chairman Iuka District 6 (South-Central)
Randy Small, Vice Chairman Neodesha District 9 (Southeast)
Steve Rome, Secretary Hugoton District 3 (Southwest)
Pat Ross, Treasurer Lawrence District 8 (East-Central)
Brian Baalman Menlo District 1 (Northwest)
Dennis McNinch Utica District 2 (West-Central)
Mike Brzon Courtland District 4 (North-Central)
Terry Vinduska Marion District 5 (Central)
Ken McCauley White Cloud District 7 (Northeast)
Kansas Corn Checkoff Refunds
Corn Refund Voucher Requests
The Kansas Corn Commission implemented a change (effective June 1, 2018) to the Kansas corn checkoff refund procedure to make refunds easier to track and provide a more uniform checkoff refund system.
Growers wishing to receive a refund can request an individually-numbered refund voucher from the Kansas Corn Commission. Voucher requests can be made in writing, on-line or by phone. The commission staff will assign a number to each voucher and send it to the grower who is requesting the refund. The voucher cannot be copied. The voucher is a simple two-part form that is filled out by the grower and the first purchaser of the corn. Only one voucher is needed per first purchaser. Multiple sales to one first purchaser can be submitted on the same voucher. A grower may request up to 15 vouchers per request. to request a voucher online, please fill out the form below
To request a form by phone, call the KCC office at 785-410-5009.