Kansas Corn Next Generation Scholarship
The Next Generation Scholarship is part of an effort put on by Kansas corn farmers to support students in post-secondary education who are making an impact in the corn and agriculture industry. Kansas Corn awards $1,000 Next Generation Scholarships.
Students who attend a Kansas Institution, are sophomores through PhD level, and hold a student membership are eligible to apply. Students enrolled in technical institutions are welcome to apply.
- Must be a sophomore through PhD level student
- Hold a student membership, available here for $25
- Must attend the Kansas Corn Symposium January 23, 2020, in Manhattan
- Applicants must submit a one-page resume highlighting academic, work and extracurricular activities and experiences
- Two reference forms from non-family members, one must be an academic contact from the school currently attending
- Official copy of post-secondary transcript of grades through spring 2019 and proof of enrollment fall 2019, class schedule can be used
Applications are due October 31, 2019.
Northwest Kansas Specific Scholarship
Within our Next Generation Scholarship, we have additional scholarship dollars available for students who are either a northwest Kansas native or a Kansas native attending a northwest Kansas institution. Students who qualify and are interested must apply for our Next Generation Scholarship and meet current scholarship requirements. The order of preference for the additional scholarship is as follows:
- attends a Kansas institution and is a northwest Kansas native
- attends a school in northwest Kansas – Ft. Hays or community colleges and is a Kansas resident with preference to a NW KS native